Welcome to our new school website. We invite you to browse through our school’s activities, curriculum, photos and policies to get a sense of who the school community at St Mary’s CBS really are. This website is in its early stages and we hope you will watch it grow, as our school does, year on year.
Here, in St Mary’s, we have a long and vibrant link with Portlaoise town, the surrounding townlands and in particular, with our original school in Tower Hill. For those interested in our history, the original corner stones of the Tower Hill school, which were removed in 2010, are now part of our school entrance in the Borris Road.
In 2010, we opened the doors of the Borris Road site with 500 students. Since then we have steadily grown to nearly 800 students in September 2015 and seem set to continue growing, although at a slower pace in the future. Our facilities, which include the impressive Rice Nagle Sports Facility, several soccer, GAA and basketball hard courts, are among the best in the country and our students and staff enjoy state of the art facilities in which to learn and work within our new school building.
However a school facility merely provides a venue in which to provide the opportunities our students deserve in which to grow, gain experience and skills to leave our school with. We have shown over the years that our students are cared for as individuals. True to the Edmund Rice tradition, which underpins all our policies and curricula, we endeavour to
- Provide excellent teaching and learning,
- Promote partnership with the wider school community,
- Create a caring school community
- Nurture faith, Christian spirituality and Gospel-based values
- Provide leadership opportunities for students and staff alike
I hope you will enjoy browsing this website and learning about life in St Mary’s CBS.
- Booklists for all years July 11, 2017 If,for some reason, you do not have your copy of your son’s booklist, please click to download the required year…2017-18 TY Booklist2017-18 6th Year Booklist2017-18 5th Year Booklist2017-18 1st Year Booklist2017-18 2nd Year Booklist2017-18 3rd Year Booklist Read more
- Incoming First Year Parents July 10, 2017 For all parents of incoming first year parents, there will be an Information Evening on Wednesday 23rd August at 7pm. It is an information time for parents, and we would appreciate, if you could, please do not bring children or ... Read more
- School Enrollment Form July 10, 2017 If, for some reason, you didn’t send in your son’s re-enrollment form by the 23rd June, please do not worry. The office re-opens on Monday 14th August and you can either contact the office by phone or come into the ... Read more
- School Uniforms July 10, 2017 St Mary’s CBS uniforms are available from Shaws, Portlaoise. This year, we have a new uniform jacket, which is also available from Shaws. It will have the student’s name embroidered on the jacket to help in identifying who owns which ... Read more
- iPad Programme for incoming First Years 2017 June 18, 2017 Wriggle is the school’s partner for our iPad programme and has been introduced to you during the information evenings. The Wriggle Online Store is now open. To access it please visit www.wriggle.ie, click the orange box ‘order online’, and enter the ... Read more
- Office Closure June 16, 2017 The office will be closed from Friday, June 23rd, at 1.15pm. It will re-open at 9am on Monday, August 14th. Read more
- Unzipped 2017 Video & Article June 8, 2017 https://vimeo.com/220776669 Zambia Immersion Project 2017 By: Rian O’Connell On the 11th of February 2017, sixteen students and five teachers left Ireland to begin their trip to Zambia. A sixteen-hour flight was on the books as well as an eight-hour public bus journey ... Read more
- Teaching Job Application Available to Download May 31, 2017 teacher job application june2017 Read more
- Laois Student Leadership Showcase May 31, 2017 Congratulations to our Treori, Student Council and Amber Flag team who competed in the first Laois Student Leadership Showcase in Portlaoise College recently. The standard of competition on the day was very high, and our own Treori managed to win ... Read more
- Texaco Children’s Art Competition May 31, 2017 Congratulations to Ciaran Leonard in first year who won second place in this years Texaco Children’s Art Competition. Ciaran is pictured below with his winning portrait in the Hugh Lane Gallery in Dublin. Read more
View All News